My Experience At Hack Reactor

To all my readers, sorry for the large time gap in between posts! I decided to switch up my career and become a Software Engineer! So for the last few months, I was in a coding Bootcamp specifically Hack Reactor. It was probably some of the hardest months of my life, but In just three months I was able to learn so much! More then I would have ever learned on my own. It was such an experience.

This Bootcamp is not for the faint of heart. You are coding 6 days a week, with 12 - 13 hour days AND then you would go home and work more. In just the first 6 weeks of the program, I learned the basic technologies to become a full stack software engineer. Technology like JavaScript, React, AnugalrJS, NodeJS, Express, SQL and NON-SQL Databases. And in the remaining 6 weeks, we were able to apply our newly found knowledge into two capstone projects.

The first project was called Front-End Capstone. Where we had a few weeks to really dive into our front-end skills to create websites that looked and feel like already existing websites. My team choose to do Fasa-bnb where we created multi-service product pages. Each member of our team was responsible for a microservice and we put them all together using a proxy server. My service was the Information service. Feel free to check out our code at https://github.com/Fossa-bnb.

For the second project was called System Design Capstone. This project achieved two things:
1. We were able to work on Legacy code
2. We were able to scale up the back-end of the app to manage 10Million data points and try to scale for high-level web traffic or 1 thousand requests per second.
To achieve these goals we switched groups and then choose a Front-End Capstone from another group to rebuild the backend for. For this, my group choose to refactor a trip app. Which we called TravelBrite. We tested both non-SQL and SQL databases and chose which was appropriate for our service. We then were able to maximize the amount of time it took to make a data request by utilizing cache databases and minimal overhead on each product. Feel free to check out our code at https://github.com/FOXSTEED.

All in all the Hack Reactor Experience was a whirlwind. And even though it was a trial for me, I am glad that I stuck with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating your own .gifs! Part 1

Women Who Code Connect!

Open Source Platforms ... Why aren't you using them yet?